Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Simple, No-Sew Fabric Art

So, a while ago, I was looking for something to put on the wall behind the master bed. Since we don't have a head board, there was a lot of blank wall. The reclaimed wood mirror from the living room would have looked nice, but I liked how it looked above the fireplace, so I came up with this idea, having seen it done at my favourite fabric store in downtown Hamilton, Needlework (iloveneedlework.com).

It's so simple, and people always comment on how cool it looks. All you need are a variety of different sized embroidery hoops (I bought mine in bulk at Value Village), and some great-looking fabric. I instantly fell in love with this "Architextures" fabric by Carolyn Friedlander when I saw it on Needlework's Facebook page, and since it is all from the same collection, I knew it would look good when grouped together. Easy-peasy, instant art!

2 comments:

  1. Good idea looking at Value Village! I don't think I've been there since looking for Hallowe'en costumes in university ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queue up the Pink Floyd! ;) Yeah, I love Value Village! I've found some really nice fabrics there, too.

    ReplyDelete