Monday, July 21, 2014

My House

When we moved into this house in 2010, I was so excited. The house is a 1960s sidesplit and instantly brought to my mind the Brady Bunch family home...perfect for this retro-loving child of the 70s! The house was in good shape but needed to be repainted. There is still lots of work that could be done, but I am not one of those people who needs everything to be new and renovated to be happy. I love character in a home and am happy to just work with what I have without investing a lot of money. One day we will surely refinish our scuffed wood floors and get an all-new kitchen and bathrooms, but I can wait. As long as my house feels homey and has lots of cool stuff to look at, I am feeling good!

The following are photos of my latest project...wallpapering a "focal" wall in the bedroom! I've always loved the cozy look of wallpaper but was determined to find just  the right design. I think I found it in this design by Graham & Brown on-line (www.grahambrown.com). Called "Feathers Multi," I loved how it was on trend, but on the subtle side and totally unique! It's also a cheeky nod to my love for birds, as well as First Nations art and handicrafts :)





No comments:

Post a Comment