Monday, April 20, 2015

Whimsical Croquet Mallet Boot Rack

I think many people assume that I am the creative one in our family since I always seem to be working on some "project" or other and I blab about it on this blog. But the truth is, my husband, Rob, is a pretty creative guy, too. Not only is he creative, but he is extremely supportive of whatever I want to do around the house (keeping in mind that my ideas are mostly all of the cheap and chic variety--I'm not spending thousands of dollars here). Without Rob's help and proactive nature, a lot of my ideas would remain just that--ideas. Flights of fancy, if you will.

So, while Rob is the muscle behind some of my more ambitious projects (e.g. anything that involves wallpaper) he has also come up with some pretty ingenious ideas of his own. Given that the rainy season is upon us, I thought I would highlight my favourite invention of his: this playfully clever boot rack that he made out of some broken croquet mallets and a few pieces of scrap wood.


Before, we used to keep our boots outside so we wouldn't track mud into the house, but that meant getting our socks wet when we put our boots on after the rain...yuck! Now, we don't have that problem anymore, and the rack looks so gosh-darn cute on our back patio.

I tell ya, I feel like the luckiest woman in the world to be married to this super smart, super funny, talented guy who shares my love of whimsy (and it doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes).


Love you forever, Rob...thank you for everything you are and everything you do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment