Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Getting our Spook On


It's my favorite time of year again...HALLOWEEN! Here are a few pics from my hauntified front yard:


The metal flower decoration is just something I keep on the door year round. For Halloween I attached some mini rubber skeletons to it. The sign is Martha Stewart from a few years back. I just love how everything pops against my front door, which I painted in Martha Stewart's "Barn Red" last fall.


Aaaaaand of course there are pumpkins and mums in assorted colors. I am so excited about all the varieties of pumpkins you can find now! Although you can't really tell in this picture, the bigger guy on top is the red warty sort (my personal favourite :)).


It's such a simple craft, but my girls spent a good hour making dozens of these jack-o'-lanterns to decorate our front windows. I love how creative they got!


Last weekend we went to Dollarama and I gave the girls ten bucks each to pick out whatever Halloween lawn decorations they wanted. Now there are gory body parts, skeletons and grave markers dotting our lawn. My fav dollar store find is this seven-foot spook.

How do you decorate for Halloween? Do you keep it sophisticated and restrained or do you go all out? I would love to see your pics! Upload them to The Hydeout's Facebook page...and in the meantime, I leave you with this photo of the hairy dude who appears to have taken up permanent residency on my front swing. Happy-Howl-o-ween!






No comments:

Post a Comment